Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jane Eyre - My little elf


This quick review is on Jane Eyre starring Mia Wasikowska, Jamie Bell, Holliday Grainger. The Director is Cary Fukunaga who also did a handful of shorts and documentaries. This movie was based off of the novel Jane Eyre written by Charlotte Bronte in 1847. It is one of those stories that has withstood the test of time. Though in modern english/shaksperian I still needed a translator in some parts. This movie is about following a girl from when she is a child until she becomes a woman seeing all of her trials and tribulations. This movie is very well done, well acted, well scripted, everything was great. But it was insanely slow. I checked my phone numerous times just to see how much time had gone by. Some parts were very intriguing and others could not end soon enough. This film gave me the depth I have been craving in movies, and for that I am grateful. But I will be honest, for the average person this movie is not for them. Most people now want witty humor, colorful pictures, big explosions, and nudity. You won't get that here. You will get a deep integrated story about love and loss. I give Jane Eyre a 3 out of 4. It is not my speed but their is an audience for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment