Friday, June 10, 2011

X-men First Class - We are the better men


This review is on X-men First Class starring James McAvoy, Micheal Fassbender, and Bill Milner. This movie was directed by Matthew Vaughn who also did Kick Ass, and Stardust. I have always been a fan of Marvel even since I was a kid. But what got me into Marvel and kept me into it was the X-Men so naturally I had to go and see First Class. This movie is very different from the rest of the franchise, it took a different approach. At least to me it did, I felt a different pattern in this movie. The direction it took wasn't your basic hey there's a bad guy lets go get him. It ran a little deeper than that, not much but deeper. It was actually quite nice to see how such a strong relationship formed, and the amount of respect Charles Xavier and Magnito had for one another. The bond itself though within the movie didn't feel quite real to me. These two men are the definitions of best friends and old enemies. The movie to me did not find a good way to share this experience with the audience. But Mystique and Xavier on the other hand, their relationship with one another I really enjoyed. Maybe its the sheer fact that it was unexpected or maybe I just didn't know about it in my comic book adventures. But none the less the story starts off exactly as the first X-Men started accept with a little more. A child Magnito is in a German concentration camp during World War 2 and is separated from his family causing him to realize the existence of his powers. In another part of the world Xavier is living in a mansion care free. In the concentration camp you meet the antagonist Sebastian Shaw played by Kevin Bacon. And let me just say that Kevin Bacon did a great job playing Sebastian Shaw. Kevin, I don't think I will find myself saying this about you again but it was a pleasure. First Class was a better film than the others in the franchise. The acting wasn't spot on and the time lines seemed to be a bit off but none the less I liked it. I give X-Men First Class a 3 out of 4. I got a soft spot for the X-Men.

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of X-Men movies. I really like story of the movie and the way characters are put together in the movie. X-Men first class is brilliantly directed movie. If you watched previous X-Men movie then this is a must watch for you.
    free movies

    ReplyDelete