Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hangover 2 - We are a wolf pack


This review is on The Hangover 2 Starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis. Hangover was directed by Todd Phillips who also directed The Hangover, Due Date, and Old School. So the director hasn't exactly veered from what was familiar. The Hangover 2 was a very funny movie, and at every turn you are bound to be shocked or appalled. This movie starts off Ed Helms's character getting married in Thailand. So the wolf pack with some persuasion to invite Zach's character went off to the wedding. A new character was introduced sorta, and that's Helms soon to be brother in law who gets caught up in their mischief. Well through a few scenes and having a few laughs they get to the beach and that's where their adventure begins. This movie is very straight forward about its plot. The next morning they wake up in a different place and so on and so forth. This movie is the same as the first. Other than location and the losing of the characters this film is the same. And that's my biggest issue with it. Other than the little surprises you will see along the way. Same plot and same formula take place as well. Their was absolutely no difference between the two. But I guess they were just making a safe bet and it sort of paid off. I'm sure the masses will look past this and be blind to the nudity and comedy. But for me it left me wanting something more. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed it but there was just something missing for me. I give The Hangover 2 a 2 1/2 out of 4. Too much of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment