Friday, May 13, 2011

Bridesmaids- Not what I expected


This review is on Bridesmaids. Starring Melissa McCarthy, Ellie Kemper, and Rose Byrne. This comedy was directed by Paul Feig. This movie had a simple formula to it. Friend finds out about other friends engagement and becomes the maid of honor. Maid of honor has competition with brides other friend and goes crazy trying to out show the other friend. This formula is simple and worked very well in this movie, sometimes less is more. I have no real qualms with this film, there really isn't much to say about it either. It was a well written, well acted, and very funny movie. The humor was very foul and insightful, and I loved every bit of it. The character Megan was my favorite. Her raunchy character had me covering my mouth and face with some of the things she had said, trying not to laugh out loud. I expected a straight up chick flick but I was completely wrong. Yes somewhere in this movie there is a small romance story, which was refreshing from time to time. Just enough to show the growth and change with the main character. And yes their were some questions left unanswered but I didn't even care or notice until I started thinking about it. I give Bridesmaids a 3 1/2 out of 4. Some of the jokes ran a little longer than they needed to be. They were still funny, it just started to get annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment