Sunday, January 20, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook - If she comes back...

It's about damn time this movie came to theaters in my town! Only when it has gotten so much notoriety that the owners decide to show it. Oh no, can't take any risks here. Fuck off. Have you seen how many awards this movie has been nominated for and received? 8 Oscar nominations should be enough to say something, but the list goes on and on...literally. So let's get this out of the way. If you read and follow this little movie review blog, then you know about my little infatuation with Jennifer Lawrence. Well let me assure you that my crush will have nothing to do with my judgement on this film. Granted that I was practically drooling during every scene she was in... Any who... Silver Linings Playbook Starred an amazing cast that consisted of Bradley Cooper, my future wife, Robert De Niro and a slew of other actors. The director was David O. Russell whom also directed The Fighter, Three Kings and...I Heart Huckabees... Besides The Fighter, David, you have come a long way...my God. Let me get straight into it; this story was about two people with very serious relationship problems. Causing them both to be seriously screwed up in the head. Now, is it difficult to play a crazy person? No. But to do it so well that it was actually believable; there's a challenge. I could not believe the skill in the acting from everyone. I was blown away, seriously, there was not a single moment where the consistency in the level of acting being delivered ever slipped. It seemed real, the emotions felt real. Granted I can relate, it felt real. Bradley Cooper's character pissed me off so much about how obsessed he was with getting his "wife" back, I was actually frustrated. I wanted to jump into the movie and kick his skull in. Jennifer Lawrence stole the show for me...of course. She was incredibly charming, even during her more rough around the edges or scandalous scenes. She swept me off my feet. The movie involved me, it made me care. Even De Niro did a superb job playing a concerned father with a gambling addiction. I can certainly see why this film was nominated for so many awards. But with seeing this comes a problem. The acting bar for Cooper and Lawrence has been risen substantially for me. I won't expect anything less from either of them. I give Silver Linings Playbook a 4 out of 4. It would be a 5 out of 4 but I was told I shouldn't do that anymore. Ya' see babe? I told you you could do better than HATES. You still have my number right?   

No comments:

Post a Comment