Monday, January 14, 2013

A Haunted House - two dogs, one duck

This movie looked dumb... But, being the good boyfriend that I am. I took my lady to see what she wanted. Oh Christ here we go... A Haunted House starred Marlon Wayans, Essence Atkins, and a slew of comedians that I don't really care to mention. The director was Michael Tiddes, he did a few T.V. shows, but no movies that I could find. Yes this was a parody film, but I will treat it the same as every other film. This is a film that parodies Paranormal Activity, obviously. So granted that it is a comedy, there were stupid little jump scenes, as silly as they may have been. I won't lie, a part of me did enjoy this film. Not all of it mind you, but some of it. There was about twenty minutes of good solid comedy. But it wasn't enough to keep me happy. But the good scenes are still singed into my mind...if that's a good thing. Sex jokes are hilarious, they're great; but they flood this movie so much that after a while I became numb to them, and eventually became bored succumbing to their tedium. There isn't much to say about acting in movies like this. Marlon Wayans plays the same character in every movie he does any ways. So it wasn't bad for someone that has very little diversity. I don't want to spend too much time on this film. I have seen good parody movies...in my opinion. But this movie lacked consistency with the level of comedy it was putting out, if any. I give A Haunted House a 1 1/2 out of 4. What was funny, was golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment